Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Real Woman?

So I was watching TV the other day (a talk show), and they had people from the studio audience modeling some clothes. One model came out and she was "plus size" but not HUGE... just not thin. So the host says, this is Holly... She's a real woman, with real curves.

This sort-of thing irks me. It kinda gets under my skin when big girls are labeled "real women." What does that make me...FAKE? Umm, I think not. I'm as real as it gets.

I don't have huge curvy hips or a stomach billowing out of my pants. I just have a high metabolism. This is the way I am naturally. Just because I'm thin, it doesn't mean I'm plastic. I eat just as much as an overweight girl, maybe even more, cause I can get away with it. SIDEBAR: I am tryna eat healthier now-a-days tho. Tryna stay diabetes free!

But back to my rage: I AM A REAL WOMAN. Women of all sizes should feel comfortable in their skin, but let's not categorize ourselves. I dream of a day when women are judged, NOT by the size of their jeans, but by the content of their character!!!! MLK reference there. Hahaha, I needed to laugh and get this off my chest.

Thanks for listening!

P.S. Did you know that after all her ranting and raving about SKINNY BITCHES; Monique is losing weight. She says she is doing it for her husband, who is concerned about her health, but WHATEVER. I still love her tho. No matter how much she was against ladies of a thin stature. No matter how much of a hypocrite she seems to be now. She is still funny as all get out!

Before

40 lbs. lighter



P.S.S her hubby is cute!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah i know what you are saying I am thin and petite and I always get the "you should eat so you will grow more" speech. Like its my fault that I am not tall, like I am purposely starving myself so I can be this tiny. It urks me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, ppl always tell me to eat. I'm like...if you only knew how much I eat already. Goes to show that no one can escape stereotypes..I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am new to the blogging and I find this topic interesting. There is one thing I can agree with you on and that is women should feel comfortable in their own skin, but if one chooses to loose weight for his or her own reasons then that should be okay no matter what we may think. As far as being a real woman, size shouldn't determine whether or not a woman is "A Real Woman." It goes beyond that. I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks 4 your input! I agree 100% ;)

    ReplyDelete