Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Get the Look

In response to a previous post on Dita Von Teese's amazing personal style, I wanted to give you some ideas on achieving her look!

I encountered a lot of great brands when I went to the MAGIC tradeshow earlier this summer in Vegas. There were two that I found very unique, and quite fitting of that old Hollywood glamorous look that Dita embodies.

Queen of Heartz
This is a company that designs and manufactures vintage inspired apparel. This is a GREAT idea. I did a post on vintage shopping a while ago (http://rareindulgence.blogspot.com/2009/07/vintage.html). It can be great, however it can be difficult to find what you want. Queen of Heartz gives you the luxury of vintage designs in brand NEW pieces. You don't have to worry about cleanliness or wear & tear! Designs below.


















Bettie Page
Very similar concept. Vintage inspired clothing. Bettie Page's looks, however, can read a little 'costumy'. They can be a little too literal. Some of the looks remind me of a chic Halloween costume. Others are very sophisticated! If you are looking for a pin-up or old Hollywood look---->>>Bettie Page is the brand for you! Designs below.

Left=costumy, but cute. Right= more wearable vintage look (my opinion)

Cute but costumy again!!

She is serving it on the right! Go girl!!

I would definitely wear the look in the left.

Oh, and they sell t-shirts too!
Pretty Rockin'!!

Both brands give off that 'Dita' vibe. Very cool!

P.S. Average cost per dress = $150
Separates were in the $70's

No comments:

Post a Comment